- Pockets – I love pockets. In the summer when I wear tank tops and shorts, I often don’t have pockets. In the fall, I can put my car keys into my pocket instead of into my purse which means valuable time saved when it’s time to retrieve them. This is especially helpful when leaving a store weighed down with bags of groceries; all I have to do is reach into my pocket and—voila—keys!
- Socks – My feet are cold all the time. In the summer, I can’t wear socks with my sandals…well, I guess I could, but I would look dorky so I don’t. But I do wear socks to bed every night (which according to Oprah and Dr. Oz is a very good thing…message me if you don’t understand this LOL). In the fall I can wear socks all the time. I have happy feet J
- Scarf – Wearing a scarf just makes me feel continental. Whenever I watch travel shows, people in Europe have scarves tossed across their shoulders in such a casual-but-very-hip way. I can dig out all of my scarves now and wear a different one each day (though I usually select the teal one my Sweet Baboo gave me).
- Electric blanket – Yes, I know there are studies that claim electric blankets cause all kinds of medical problems, but I promise I turn it off once I climb into bed. Nestling into warm sheets on a cool autumn evening is a wonderful thing.
- Candles – Having the soft, flickering glow of a candle on the table lends such a cozy, romantic atmosphere to our home. Combined with a glass of wine, you have a little bit of heaven. Add socks and who knows where the evening will go.
So despite 7 p.m. sunsets and frost on my window in the morning, there is much to be grateful for in autumn.
What are some of your fall favorites?